Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 5- Final Touches on the Clarinet Repad


 After finishing the the corking and regulation on the lower joint, I had to replace the tenon corks.  I was hesitant to use my torch to quickly melt the paraffin wax over the cork to seal out any cork grease oils, but I was successful.
Once the upper joint tenons were corked, I was able to fit the two joints together to ensure that the 3 ring key regulation with the A/D ring key was sound.  I then had to make the final touches on the instrument.  I cleaned up the keys, replaced the thumb rest cork, and got ready for a play test.

My first full repad was a success.  The instrument plays freely and there are no mechanical issues or major intonation issues that would be due to the instrument itself.  I'm excited with the result, and I can't wait until we are able to fix even more instruments.  Next on the list: FLUTE!


No comments:

Post a Comment